1. Jesus claims to be the Messiah & proves it through prophecy
Isa 9:6 tells us that the messiah would be God in flesh and would be known as the Son of God
One example of Biblical prophecy concerning the messiah that Jesus fulfilled:
The messiah would also be born of a virgin—-Isa 7:14 and fulfilled in Matt 1:21-23
Jesus claimed to be the Messiah & proved it through prophecy (Luke 4:17-20 & Matt 11:2-6)
Jesus’s Disciples teach us that Jesus was the messiah (Acts 2:22-41, Matt 1:1, John 20:30-31)
2. Jesus claimed to be God
John 8:57-59 —- YHWH-The LORD
John 10:30-33 —- Son of God (same nature)
John 5:18 —- Calling God: Father (same nature…equality with God)
3. Jesus spoke as God and not a prophet
Example: The Sermon on the Mount (Matt 5-7) & Matt 7:28-29
4. Jesus accepted worship as only God stated He should receive
Ex 20:3 --- “You shall have no other gods before me.”
Jesus accepted & approved the worship of people (Matt 14:33, John 20:28, & Matt 16:16-17)
5. Jesus forgives sin and heals a man to prove He is God —- Mark 2:1-10
Other examples when He forgave sin: The adulterous woman, woman anointing His feet, man on the cross ,etc
1 Tim 1:15 --- The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost.
6. Jesus conquered sin and death and proved it in the resurrection (1 Cor 15)
7. Jesus’ disciples accepted His claim to be God
Example:Most of Jesus’ disciples got martyred because they wouldn’t recant this truth.
They also preached that Jesus was God and could only do things that God can do.
Examples: Col 1:16, 2 Pet 3:18, 1 Cor 4:5, 2 Cor 5:10, Acts 10:36